Please follow us on Telegram to be sure to receive our latest posts!
Photo © circleps – fotolia.com
According to the USGS’ Water Science School, up to 60 percent of the human body is made up of water.  Water in the human body is responsible for various processes like regulating body temperature, delivering nutrients and oxygen to cells, and regulating bowel movement among many functions. But how can drinking water help you lose weight? 
In 2016, an article was published by CNN that focused on water as the “new secret to losing weight”. The report featured an interview with Dr. Tammy Chan, an assistant professor in the department of family medicine at the University of Michigan Medical School. She cited hydration with water as a possible key factor in addressing obesity. The report mentioned several points in the possible roles of water in weight loss and flushing fat from the body: 
● Dehydration can cause problems with mental, physical, and emotional health. Mood disturbances and stress can cause weight gain along with headaches, constipation, and kidney problems.
● Staying hydrated keeps the heart pumping effectively, which means oxygen and nutrient delivery to our muscles is better, improving their functionality which is “important for anyone with a body mass index over 25, which is technically overweight”. Chang stated that it was very possible that overweight people were inadequately hydrated compared to people with a healthy weight.
In the same year, Stookey published a study that focused specifically on drinking water and weight loss. The study concluded that drinking water improved energy intake, energy expenditure, and fat oxidation – three factors that all contribute to safe weight loss. In fact, the conclusion that water intake improves the body’s ability to break down fat is monumental in itself, highlighting how important water is in weight management.  Similar results were seen in a 2008 study (also by Stookey) wherein drinking water was directly associated with weight and fat loss overtime, independent of diet and activity. 
In order to help you flush fat from your body, you can try out this “fat flush water recipe” that you can prepare ahead of time or at the start of your day: in two liters of water, add a teaspoon of ginger, one sliced cucumber, one sliced lemon, and mint leaves. Prepare this in a glass jar or pitcher and chill it overnight. Ginger, lemon, cucumber, and mint are all great sources of antioxidants that can help with fat flushing and weight loss.
● A study published in 2013 by Mahmoud and Elnour found that ginger, compared to traditional weight loss medication Orlistat, was able to reduce body weight without affecting the pancreas or the liver. The study also concluded that ginger was able to improve good cholesterol levels as well. 
● Lemon is a very potent antioxidant and used in different diets and detox programs. Kim, et. al. in 2015 reported that lemon was able to reduce body fat when included in the diet. 
● The antioxidant benefits of mint were seen in a 2010 study by She, et. al., wherein the results showed how mint’s polyphenols were able to flush radicals or toxins from the body. 
● Similar to the results of the study by She, et. al. in 2010, Kumar, et. al. in the same year found the same characteristic free radical-scavenging abilities in cucumbers. Cucumbers are also excellent antioxidants that can help flush out toxins from the body. 
 US Geological Survey. The water in you. https://water.usgs.gov/edu/propertyyou.html
 Mayo Clinic. Functions of water in the body. https://mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/multimedia/functions-of-water-in-the-body/img-20005799
 LaMotte, S. (2016). The new secret to losing weight? Water. https://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/11/health/water-weight-loss-hydration-obesity/
 Stookey, J. (2016). Negative, Null and Beneficial Effects of Drinking Water on Energy Intake, Energy Expenditure, Fat Oxidation and Weight Change in Randomized Trials: A Qualitative Review. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26729162
 Stookey, J., et. al. (2008). Drinking water is associated with weight loss in overweight dieting women independent of diet and activity. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18787524
 Mahmoud, R. & Elnour,W. (2013). Comparative evaluation of the efficacy of ginger and orlistat on obesity management, pancreatic lipase and liver peroxisomal catalase enzyme in male albino rats. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23329526
 Kim, M., et. al. (2015). Lemon detox diet reduced body fat, insulin resistance, and serum hs-CRP level without hematological changes in overweight Korean women. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25912765
 She, et. al. (2010). Polyphenolic acids from mint (the aerial of Mentha haplocalyx Briq.) with DPPH radical scavenging activity. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20546395
 Kumar, D., et. al. (2010). Free Radical Scavenging and Analgesic Activities of Cucumis sativus L. Fruit Extract. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3019374/
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
★ How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus:
★ 20 Natural Painkillers In Your Kitchen (Video):
2. Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
3. #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
4. 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
5. The TRUTH about bread (Will surprise you!)
6. [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a "Pancreas Jumpstart"
7. Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
8. The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
If you enjoyed this page: