Please follow us on Telegram to be sure to receive our latest posts!
Top 9 Natural Remedies for Kidney Stones. Graphic © herbshealthhappiness.com. Photo sources – see foot of article
Kidney stones are formed due to various reasons. It could be your diet is too high in calcium, meat protein, salt (increases urate), purines (found in alcoholic beverages) and oxalate (cranberry, apple, orange juices), and low in water consumption. Other causative factors are existing medical problems such as urinary tract infection, gout, inflammatory bowel disorders, sedentary lifestyle and genetics. People with kidney stones experience extreme discomfort, with several episodes of sudden sharp and excruciating pain in the buttocks area that can be relieved by constant movement. It may or may not radiate, depending on the movement of the stones. Other signs and symptoms associated with kidney stones are abdominal pain, fever and chills, and nausea and vomiting. 
Once it is medically confirmed that you have kidney stones, doctors will most likely send you home with a prescription for heavy duty pain killers. However, medications are not the only tool that can relieve you of your suffering from kidney stones. In fact, there are natural remedies that can provide additional comfort as you and your body duel over kidney stones.
10 Natural Solutions Against Kidney Stones
1. Increase Your Hydration: – This is by far the best natural remedy, notwithstanding the type of kidney stones you have. For people diagnosed with kidney stones, they should be consuming a minimum of 10 glasses of fluids on a daily basis. People who are at risk to develop cystine stones should drink more fluids, at least 14 glasses every day. To determine if you are drinking enough fluids, check if your urine is pale yellow and almost watery. If not, then you ought to increase your hydration and must be consistent with it.
Water remains the best fluid for everyone and should comprise at least half of their hydration routine. Although there is calcium concentration in water in general, it plays a diminutive role in stone formation. Lemon juice is a wonderful ingredient that can be added to your water. Lemon juice is proven to be beneficial to the prevention of kidney stones because it contains citric acid. As citrate levels in the body increase, your protection against kidney stones also increases. 
2. Dandelion: – A taproot perennial that grows abundantly in North America, Europe and Asia, Dandelion has anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties  that all contribute to the prevention of kidney stones. On top of that, dandelion is a natural diuretic which makes it a great tonic and cleanser for our kidneys. You can make tea out of the dandelion root or leaves, either by natural process or by buying ready-made dandelion tea bags.
3. Pomegranate: – Since pomegranates are low in potassium, they are great for people who are on a renal diet. A renal diet is generally low in protein, salt, phosphorus and potassium and is recommended for people who are suffering from renal problems like kidney stones and kidney failure. So if you are highly afraid of getting kidney stones, start your day with a glass of fresh pomegranate juice or make it a habit of eating pomegranates.
4. Basil: – Basil is commonly found in our kitchen, but did you know that basil is a known natural remedy for kidney stones? Basil can strengthen our kidneys.  To give our kidney a boost, make a tea or juice out of fresh basil leaves and with some help of raw honey. Drinking this delicious concoction everyday can help alleviate the discomfort you feel from having kidney stones.
5. Grapefruit: – Grapefruit ranks as one of the most powerful sources of antioxidant among fruits. Therefore, regular consumption of grapefruit can help you ward off urinary tract infection. Also, grapefruit juice is another powerful tool that reduces calcium oxalate kidney stones.  In a paper that was published in The British Journal of Nutrition, the incidence of calcium oxalate stones formation lowered among their subjects who daily drank half to 1 L of grapefruit juice because of the low pH and citric acid excretion.
6. Marshmallow Root: – Marshmallow root has strong anti-inflammatory properties. This herb contains mucilages forms coating that act as a protective and soothing factor once tissues become inflamed and irritated. This coating protects the digestive and urinary tract when kidney stones pass. Dr. James Balch, author of The Super Antioxidants, recommends a daily intake of 2 pints of marshmallow root tea to effectively flush out kidney stones from the body. 
7. Green Tea: – Perhaps everybody agrees that green tea is a wonder drink. A group of doctors from Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences conducted a study in 2005 about the preventive effects of green tea in the formation of renal stones. The study showed that the antioxidant properties of green tea actually lowered the formation of calcium oxalate deposits, thus preventing calcium oxalate urolithiasis.  Opt for the caffeine free green tea, and drink at least 2-3 cups a day.
8. Wild Carrot: – As an aromatic herb, wild carrot is not to be confused with the common vegetable carrot. Wild carrot is a known diuretic, which means it encourages toxins and waste to be flushed out from our kidneys, thus potentiates its cleansing effect.  It has been said that a herbal infusion of the wild carrot leaves and seeds is a good counteract natural measure for kidney stone formation. Even if stones have begun to form, the same concoction is still capable of diminishing those harmful stones and from recurring.
9. Eat For The Benefit Of Your Kidneys: – More a general preventive stragegy. A diet full of salt, alcohol and preservatives will damage anyone’s kidneys. Therefore, they top the list on what food items to avoid. Go for meals that contain a minimal amount of salt and as much as possible cook your own food. Buying canned goods is not only more costly but also dangerous to your kidney. Invest in fruits and vegetables that have high antioxidant properties such as tomatoes, blueberries, squash, and carrots. Beware of red meats (such as pork and beef), oxalate-rich foods (nuts, spinach, and beans), cold water fishes, refined foods like white bread, and commercial fatty foods like French fries and fast food burgers.
 “Kidney stones.” NHS Choices. Gov.uk, n.d. Web. 21 July 2013. https://nhs.uk/conditions/kidney-stones/Pages/Introduction.aspx
 Penniston, Kristina. “Citric Acid and Kidney Stones.” UW Hospital Metabolic Stone Clinic. UW Health. UW Hospital and Clinics, n.d. Web. 21 July 2013. https://uwhealth.org/files/uwhealth/docs/pdf/kidney_citric_acid.pdf
 Roizman, Tracy. “The Benefits of Dandelion Leaf & Root for the Kidneys.” Popular Herbal Supplements. Livestrong.com. Livestrong Foundation, 7 Oct. 2011. Web. 21 July 2013. https://livestrong.com/article/546304-the-benefits-of-dandelion-leaf-root-for-the-kidneys/
 “Medicinal Uses and Health Benefits of Basil.” Natural Health. Off The Grid News. N.p., 21 Apr. 2011. Web. 21 July 2013. https://offthegridnews.com/2011/04/21/medicinal-uses-and-health-benefits-of-basil/#
 “Grapefruit.” The World’s Healthiest Foods. George Mateljan Foundation, n.d. Web. 21 July 2013. https://whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=25
 Marx, Natalie. “Alternatively Speaking: Kidney stones.” Lifestyle. The Jerusalem Post. N.p., 31 May 2012. Web. 21 July 2013. https://jpost.com/LifeStyle/Alternatively-Speaking-Kidney-stones
 Itoh, Y, et al. “Preventive effects of green tea on renal stone formation and the role of oxidative stress in nephrolithiasis.” The Journal of Urology 173.1 (2005): 271-75. Abstract. PubMed.gov. Web. 21 July 2013. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15592095
 “Wild Carrots.” Plants. Preparing To Survive. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 July 2013. https://preparingtosurvive.com/carrot.html
Infographic Image Sources:
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
★ How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus:
★ 20 Natural Painkillers In Your Kitchen (Video):
2. Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
3. #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
4. 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
5. The TRUTH about bread (Will surprise you!)
6. [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a "Pancreas Jumpstart"
7. Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
8. The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
If you enjoyed this page: