Please follow us on Telegram to be sure to receive our latest posts!
How To Make Amazing Homemade Solid Perfumes Using All Natural Ingredients. Background image – Design Sponge (with permission)
Ever wished you could make your own perfumes? This is a fantastic and fun recipe that uses all pure, natural ingredients – and will bring your inner perfumer to life! It’s so easy that you will wonder why you hadn’t done it before.
One of the fantastic things about solid perfumes is that they can easily be carried around wherever you go… to be applied easily and at leisure. You can use small jars, little silver tins or wooden boxes to put the solid perfume in – and then refill them when you run out! You can even wear your secret perfume in a locket or (I loved this) use the case of an old pocket watch – as in the pic.
Making solid perfumes is very rewarding. They make gorgeous gifts – especially if you source something unusual and beautiful to use as the container! Another thing to keep an eye out for when shopping the flea markets… and if you have design skills you can make attractive labels also.
Making Your Own Magical Blends
Where it gets really exciting is that you can create your very own unique “blend” by choosing your own favorite essential oils!
You will find that the aromas of some oils go well together, and others just seem… strange. Sometimes, the ones that work well together are some unexpected combinations – so you’ll have to dive in and experiment!
You can get some basic ideas as to what might work simply by opening the tops of two (or more) essential oils together and breathing the “mixed” fragrance. Also, you don’t have to use equal amounts of each oil: one or two drops of certain oils like citrus will give a “lift” to a perfume, without necessarily being immediately identified.
Other essential oils can add an “earthiness” to an aroma – sandalwood, cinnamon, vanilla. Ah, these are truly the secrets of the perfumer! There are many natural aromas considered aphrodisiac since ancient times – and these have found their way, secretly, into the seductive charms of the ladies of many centuries. What’s interesting is that these “aphrodisiac scents” – or derivatives of them – are also found in many of the world’s most famous perfumes.
Our super-simple solid perfume recipe calls for only pure and natural ingredients:
100% pure beeswax
That’s it! You will need to be careful and focused (and have adult supervision if appropriate!), as preparation does involve the use of very hot / boiling water and hot wax. Here is the tutorial:
1. Measure 1 1/2 tsp of jojoba oil into a small glass or cup.
2. Add the essential oils to the jojoba and mix well. Use a total of 25 drops of essential oil – so for example:
Try these – or use your favorite essential oils. Please feel free to post your own recipes in the comments!
3. Melt 1 tsp of grated beeswax. It is important to use a “double boiler” when melting beeswax, with the inner pan being non-metal. This is because if the beeswax is just melted in a pan, it can very easily be ruined by the too-high temperature. Grating it first speeds up the process. Beeswax starts to get soft around 90ºF and melts at around 145-147ºF. (It starts to go brown at around 170ºF, so I read). One of those tiny non-metal pans is ideal, placed inside a larger pan of water. Heat the water in the bigger pan first, then place the “inner” pan holding the beeswax inside it (don’t get any water in the beeswax!) until the beeswax melts. If you can keep the temperature of the water around 150-160ºF – so that the beeswax is melted but the water is not yet boiling – you are doing well.
4. Add the jojoba / essential oil mix to the beeswax and stir well.
5. Remove from heat and pour into your container(s). Be very careful not to splash onto skin / eyes!
6. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes. You’re done! 🙂
a. if you are making larger amounts, simply keep the ingredients in the right ratio i.e. “double everything”.
b. if the final product seems too soft or too hard, adjust the amount of beeswax (a little more beeswax in the recipe will make the end product harder).
c. if you desire a stronger scent, add a little more essential oil… don’t skimp on the jojoba though.
I’ve sourced all the ingredients for you on Amazon:
Essential oils (use organic, therapeutic grade for best results!) The ones I like are Eden’s Garden Organic Essential Oils range – they are getting rave reviews and are amazingly well priced. You can buy individual oils or boxed sets of various sizes.
A huge thank you to Design Sponge for kindly granting us permission to use their photos. Their AWESOME original tutorial, with lots more pics, can be found here: Diy project: solid perfume pocket watch locket | Design*Sponge
That’s it! Any thoughts? Let us know in the comments or on our Facebook page.
Background images – Design Sponge (with permission)
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
★ How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus:
★ 20 Natural Painkillers In Your Kitchen (Video):
2. Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
3. #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
4. 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
5. The TRUTH about bread (Will surprise you!)
6. [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a "Pancreas Jumpstart"
7. Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
8. The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
If you enjoyed this page: