Please follow us on Telegram to be sure to receive our latest posts!
Doctors, medical herbalists and nutritionists are all agreed that processed western foods, lifestyles and environmental pollution all take their toll on the health of the liver, which is primarily responsible for removing toxins from our bodies. This quick reference guide will give you some encouragement to choose the best foods for cleansing the liver to support your overall health! If at all possible, choose fresh organic produce as it will benefit both you and the environment!
If the liver is overworked, it can lead to the toxification of body tissues that opens the door to disease. The “liver cleanse” is a phrase that is well known these days but eating the right foods is equally, if not more, important. There are also herbs that can be used to boost the process, please see our Top 10 Herbs For The Liver article for more information.
1. Carrots – it is the high levels of provitamin A in the form of beta-carotene that make carrots a good choice for a healthy liver if the body is able to convert them into vitamin A (see 8. Avocado). A word of caution: some sites recommend high doses of carrot juice as a liver cleanse but too much beta-carotene can actually cause liver toxicity! 
2. Beets contain a phytonutrient called betanin, which has been shown to have a protective effect on liver health. As with many foods, cooking should be kept to a minimum to maintain their health-giving properties. 
3. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fatty acids that help to reduce the build-up of triglycerides in the liver, reducing the risk of “fatty liver” conditions. Reducing high consumption of fat and soft drinks will also help! 
4. Lemon juice is well-known as a liver cleansing agent. It is recommended that you also cleanse the colon before the liver to avoid toxins remaining in the body. 
5. Green tea is a source of catechins, another form of antioxidant that helps to maintain a balanced liver function. 
6. Turmeric is high in circumin, which is a strong antioxidant and has been shown to reduce the inflammation that is associated with many chronic diseases. 
7. Leafy greens such as cabbage and broccoli – the presence of isothiocyanates contributes to their ability to fight chronic illness such as liver cirrhosis. They also contain a good dose of iodine, helpful for thyroid health. 
8. Avocado – scientific testing in Japan has shown potent suppression of toxic liver injury in rats, which may indicate its benefit to humans. A more recent study has shown that avocados, when taken with foods high in beta-carotene, help the liver to absorb provitamin A and convert it to vitamin A.  They are also top of the list of foods that have the lowest pesticide residues! – you can find the full list here: https://ewg.org/foodnews/list.php
9. Garlic has been used medicinally for many thousands of years for many kinds of illnesses – it has blood cleansing effects, benefits the respiratory system and is now indicated to have a protective effect on the liver. 
10. Spinach is high in betaine, an important nutrient that benefits liver function and is therefore valuable in preventing chronic disease. 
We also have a few other useful posts on liver-related herbs and other recipes, please check these out:
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
★ How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus:
★ 20 Natural Painkillers In Your Kitchen (Video):
2. Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
3. #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
4. 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
5. The TRUTH about bread (Will surprise you!)
6. [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a "Pancreas Jumpstart"
7. Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
8. The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
If you enjoyed this page: