Please follow us on Telegram to be sure to receive our latest posts!
Top 10 Strange Home Remedies For Split Ends
Graphic © herbshealthhappiness.com. Img sources – see foot of article
During normal wear and tear, splitting of the hair shaft occurs – this is known as “split ends”. Is there a way for people to avoid the presence of split ends? Split ends cannot be repaired but are reduced if you get a regular hair trim every 6 weeks because the splits will have less chance of extending up the shaft of the hair. There are still many ways to reduce their occurrence. Use the mildest shampoos available in the market, rarely use hair tools that require heat, and do not resort to any chemical hair treatment at all including dyes. Using a hot drier and brushing the hair while wet also weaken the hair. Washing your hair too frequently will leave it open to damage by removing its protective coating of natural oil. However, no matter how we stay away from subjecting our hair to chemical or mechanical stress, it is still subjected to natural stresses like sun, wind and chlorinated water exposure. So chances are your hair is still going to suffer from split ends. 
Salon treatment can get very expensive, and those hair spas in a bottle might contain another harmful ingredient that will leave your hair brittler, drier and with more split ends. Best to resort to nature and get help from items that contain natural ingredients to achieve healthier, softer and shinier hair.
10 Home-Made Remedies For Split Ends
1. Egg Hair Spa – The oldest treatment in the book, eggs contain protein and lecithin, giving shine and added texture by strengthening and repairing hair.  You can mix a whole egg with 1 tsp of honey and 1 tbsp of either coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil in a bottle, shake it until you get a good mix. Apply this egg treatment all over your wet hair and scalp and leave it on for 15 to 30 minutes, then clean it off with a mild shampoo and rinse with lukewarm water.
2. Essential Oils – You do not have to go far to give your hair a great hot oil treatment. In a base of olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil or castor oil add a few drops of essential oil of lavender, chamomile, rose, lemon or rosemary – these essential oils nourish hair with their natural emollient (moisture producing) properties. You can focus on one essential oil at a time, noticing which oil gives your hair the healthiest kick. Then you can combine two or more oils to give your hair a richer, lusher experience.  To gain the maximum benefit from essential oils, warm your oil mixture gently and massage it all over your hair, paying extra attention to sections where split ends are rampant. Cover your hair with a shower cap. To add further heat, wrap a tolerably hot towel around your head. This step will thin the oil and further open up the pores, allowing the oil to penetrate more.
3. Honey Treatment – Honey is a great facial and body moisturizer so the same benefits will be received by your hair if honey is applied. Because of its stickiness, honey can trap moisture in your hair, leaving it silky, soft and nourished. The breakage at the ends will get the maximum benefits honey has to offer. To use honey as a hair mask, apply 1-2 tsp of honey to freshly washed, damp hair and gently massage it into your scalp and split ends. Cover your hair with a shower cap and wait for 20-30 minutes. The dampness of your hair and the shower cap give an extra boost of deeper moisture penetration. Massage your hair and scalp once more before washing it off with lukewarm water.
4. Avocado and Banana – The oil that avocado produces is rich in vitamins A, D & E. These are the very essential substances that will help your dry and damaged hair to regain its original healthy state. Banana has a high content of natural oils.  Together, avocado and banana mashed together in a bowl is a perfect recipe for waving goodbye to your split ends. For a better consistency, add coconut oil or almond oil to your avocado and banana mixture. Apply the mixture to your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour, then wash it all off with lukewarm water.
5. Mayonnaise Mask – Ever heard advice from grandma to apply mayonnaise on your hair? Better believe her because mayonnaise works like magic in keeping your hair strong and shiny! Mayonnaise is composed of egg yolk (high in vitamin B1), oil and vinegar. Together, they make a great remedy for dry, damaged hair ends.  Massage a palm-size amount of full-fat mayonnaise all over your hair, focusing on the scalp and split ends. Cover it with a shower cap, and then rinse with a lukewarm water after 30 minutes or so. You can indulge your hair with a mayonnaise mask twice a week.
6. Gelatin Treatment – Protein is an essential substance for treating dry and distressed hair and gelatin is rich in proteins. By applying gelatin all over your damaged hair, you are merely replenishing lost proteins.  If your are faithful to your gelatin hair pack regimen, your once full-of-split-ends hair will bounce back healthy and strong! To make an excellent gelatin hair spa, mix altogether a tablespoon of gelatin, a cup of water, a tablespoon of vinegar and a few drops of your favorite essential oil in bowl until completely combined. Massage the mixture into your hair for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
7. Aloe Vera – The gel produced by aloe vera leaves has been used by beauty conglomerates and dermatologists as a moisturizing agent in their products for many years.  Aloe vera, when massaged into your hair, leaves your crowning glory glorious and lustrous. If you have an aloe vera plant already, just break off two or three leaves – the gel can be squeezed or scraped out easily. Then mix 1-2 tbsp of the gel with a similar quantity of base oil and a few drops of your preferred essential oil. You may add plain yogurt if you want an extra protein boost.
8. Beer Hair Conditioner – Believe it or not, beer is in fact an excellent hair tonic because it contains Vitamin B1  and proteins which invigorate and revitalize hair. When used as a conditioner, your once dry and damaged hair will be repaired and reinstated to its bouncy and sleek state. Store beer in a bottle spritzer and place it in a refrigerator to extend its shelf life. When hair is damp, spray a few mists on your scalp and ends. Let it air-dry.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar – Just like beer, apple cider vinegar is another fabulous kitchen item that can be used as a hair tonic.  All of the shampoos, gels, mousses and sprays will leave a residue. A build-up will prevent any hair treatment from penetrating your scalp, causing your hair to lose it vigor. ACV is the key to remove these residues. Also, it does restore the balance of your scalp’s pH, which often becomes unstable if your scalp is afflicted with dandruff. ACV is not applied in full strength as the acidity is high: mix a tablespoon of ACV with a cup of water then wash it into your hair thoroughly but gently. Rinse after a minute or two with cold water – the cold water also helps to seal the cuticles. Reduce the concentration of ACV if you have sensitive skin. This treatment is best done only once a week at most.
10. DIY Hair Trim – Instead of sashaying down to your favorite salon, which often costs a lot, practice trimming your own hair. Buy yourself a nice pair of hairdressing scissors and trim just the ends of your hair. Don’t be afraid of doing it yourself as the change is not dramatic – but make sure you use only sharp shears/ scissors made for the job as blunt or ordinary paper scissors will leave damaged ends that will split more easily!
10 Herbs For Hair Growth:
How To Color Your Hair Using All Natural Herbal Ingredients:
How To Make A Rosemary And Lavender Rinse For Hair And Scalp:
 “Trichoptilosis.” Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichoptilosis
 “Hair Protein Treatment with Egg.” Hair Care. Indian Beauty Spot. https://indianbeautyspot.com/2013/07/hair-protein-treatment-with-egg.html
 Dyer, M.H. “Home Remedies For Split Ends.” Hair Care. Livestrong.com. https://livestrong.com/article/251367-home-remedies-for-split-ends/
 “Benefits of Banana for Hair.” Hair Care. Bitterroot Restoration. https://bitterrootrestoration.com/hair-care/benefits-of-banana-for-hair.html
 Langham, R.Y. “What Vitamins & Minerals Promote Hair Regrowth?” Hair Care. Livestrong.com. https://livestrong.com/article/395065-what-vitamins-minerals-promote-hair-regrowth/
 “Gelatin: A Thing Of “Beauty”!” One Good Thing By Jillee. https://onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/09/beauty-uses-of-gelatin-powder.html
 “Home remedies of Aloe Vera to prevent Hair Loss and Split Ends.” Metro Masti. https://metromasti.com/lifestyle/health/Home-remedies-of-Aloe-Vera-to-prevent-Hair-Loss-and-Split-Ends/8397
 “Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse.” About Apple Cider Vinegar. https://aboutapplecidervinegar.com/apple-cider-vinegar-hair/apple-cider-vinegar-hair-rinse
Infographic image sources (PD / Creative Commons):
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
★ How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus:
★ Does Your Salad Contain This Vegetable?
★ 20 Natural Painkillers In Your Kitchen (Video):
★ Men's Prostate Health:
2. Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
3. #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
4. 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
5. The TRUTH about bread (Will surprise you!)
6. [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a "Pancreas Jumpstart"
7. Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
8. The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
If you enjoyed this page: