Please follow us on Telegram to be sure to receive our latest posts!
image – pixabay (PD)
Carrots are considered one of the healthiest food items you can include in your diet. They are popularly known for their high beta-carotene content, a substance that becomes converted into Vitamin A inside the body. Vitamin A contributes to eye and skin health, as well as the immune system. Your parents weren’t lying when they said that carrots would help you see better! However, because of the important role beta-carotene plays in human health, its sibling – alpha-carotene – is often overlooked. But not anymore!
Studies that support alpha-carotene’s cancer-fighting ability:
Alpha-carotene was the focal point of a 1992 study on cancer that spawned hundreds of studies in the years that followed.  The 1992 study that started it all: In 1992, Murakoshi, et. al. focused on alpha-carotene, a substance found in carrots (along with beta-carotene).  Alpha-carotene supplements were included in the diets of mice affected by liver, lung, and skin cancer. The results of the study were very promising – alpha-carotene was able to decrease the number of hepatomas (liver tumors), lung tumors, and skin papillomas (skin tumors) by as much as 70 percent. The study suggests that a diet high in alpha-carotenoids could potentially play a role in the prevention of several types of cancer. 
After the 1992 study, more and more researchers started focusing on alpha-carotene’s potential cancer-fighting properties.
– In 2015, Liu, et. al. focused on the effects of alpha-carotene on Lewis lung carcinoma (LLC), a kind of lung tumor. The study found that alpha-carotene was able to fight LLC in vitro, by inhibiting the tumor’s growth and metastasis to other parts of the lung and the body. The researchers concluded that alpha-carotene could be used as an anti-cancer agent, alone or together with chemotherapy. 
– A study in 2013 by Chen, et. al. focused on the effects of alpha-carotene on liver cancer, with similarly very promising results. Hepatocarcinoma cells were treated with alpha-carotene in the study. The research concluded that alpha-carotene was able to significant inhibit metastasis in liver cancer by halting further development of the cancer cells. 
– In 2015, a study conducted by Wang, et. al. found that a diet rich in alpha-carotene was able to significantly lower the risk of invasive breast cancer. According to the study, there was an inverse relationship between plasma alpha-carotene levels (alpha-carotene in the blood) and invasive breast cancer cases. 
These studies are just a few that focus on the numerous health benefits of carrots (and its compounds). Try to include carrots in your daily meals or as snacks to boost the amount of alpha-carotene in your diet.
 University of Maryland. Beta-carotene. https://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/betacarotene
 Murakoshi, M., et. al. (1992). Potent Preventive Action of a-Carotene against Carcinogenesis: Spontaneous Liver Carcinogenesis and Promoting Stage of Lung and Skin Carcinogenesis in Mice Are Suppressed More Effectively by a-Carotene Than by B-Carotene. https://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/52/23/6583.long
 Liu, Y., et. al. (2015). Alpha-carotene inhibits metastasis in Lewis lung carcinoma in vitro, and suppresses lung metastasis and tumor growth in combination with taxol in tumor xenografted C57BL/6 mice. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25736483
 Chen, H., et. al. (2013). Antimetastatic effects of α-carotene and possible mechanisms of action in human hepatocarcinoma SK-Hep-1 cells. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24131318
 Wang, Y., et. al. (2015). Plasma carotenoids and breast cancer risk in the Cancer Prevention Study II Nutrition Cohort. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26081425
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
★ How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus:
★ 20 Natural Painkillers In Your Kitchen (Video):
2. Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
3. #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
4. 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
5. The TRUTH about bread (Will surprise you!)
6. [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a "Pancreas Jumpstart"
7. Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
8. The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
If you enjoyed this page: