Please follow us on Telegram to be sure to receive our latest posts!
Photo – PublicDomainPictures – pixabay.com
In the U.S. alone, 3.2 billion pounds of bananas are consumed every year, according to 2014 data from educational outreach and environmental advocacy group Sustainable America. Americans eat 304 pieces of the fruit every second, which translates to an astonishing 780 million pounds of peels headed for the landfill annually. You will be amazed by the uses for this material, which is typically considered to be waste…
Here Are Just A Few Of Amazing Uses Of Banana Peel:
The inside of the banana peel is rich in potassium, magnesium, and manganese. Take a piece and gently rub the inside of the peel on your teeth for about two minutes. The minerals in the peel absorb into your teeth and whiten them. The potential of banana peel as a component of a polyherbal toothpaste was explored by Abhay and Dinnimath  in 2015 when they used it with extracts from apple, lemon and orange peels to formulate a toothpaste which exhibited potent antimicrobial activity against Gram-positive bacteria and Gram-negative bacteria compared with other formulas.
Compost / Fertilizer
Instead of throwing the banana peels, use them to help fertilize your plants. They contain beneficial nutrients and this practice will also reduce landfill. One of the essential nutrients found in the banana peel is potassium,  which potted plants need for health. Note that banana peels are not a “complete fertilizer”, so you need to use them in conjunction with other houseplant fertilizers to ensure that your plants are getting all the nutrients they need. Using them in your garden is a no-brainer: Simply lay the peels on top of the soil, perhaps a few inches from the plant’s stem and let them break down naturally. In 2012, the agronomic value of banana peel-based compost was evaluated by Kalemelawa et al.  The study showed banana peel compost’s high potential as a source of potassium and nitrogen fertilizer.
Banana peels are – surprisingly – a great starting material to make home-made vinegar. You can make banana peel vinegar in several easy steps. See the step-by-step instructions below:
1. Slice one kilogram of banana peel, add four cups of water, then boil.
2. Extract the juice, decant and filter using cheesecloth.
3. Add four more cups water and two cups of sugar. Mix thoroughly and pasteurize for half hour at 60-65ºC.
4. Transfer the juice into a sterilized container.
5. Cool the juice, then add 1/2 teaspoon of baker’s yeast for every eight cups mixture. Ferment the juice for 7-8 days.
6. Siphon to separate sediments, dead yeast, and pulp.
7. Add one cup vinegar starter for every four cups liquid. Cover with clean cloth.
8. Allow the vinegar to ferment again at room temperature for ten to fifteen days or until a sour vinegar odor is evident. Again, decant to remove the sediments.
9. Transfer the fermented vinegar to bottles and pasteurize. Age the pasteurized vinegar for a month or more to allow delicate flavor development.
In February 1929, the journal Industrial and Engineering Chemistry published an article on the preparation of banana vinegar. Harry von Loesecke  did not conduct the experiments beyond the laboratory scale but hoped that the study’s results would serve as a nucleus for further work on a semi-commercial scale. The banana peels’ potential as a raw material for the production of amylase by using the fungal culture of Aspergillus niger NCIM 16 in solid submerged and solid-state fermentation was presented by Krishna PR et. al. in a 2011 study  published in the Indian Journal of Biotechnology. Amylase is an enzyme – and is used in the food, brewing, textile, detergent, and pharmaceutical industries.
Banana peel contains vitamins A, B, C, and E which contribute to healthy skin. It is also rich in potassium, zinc, iron, and manganese which help calm inflamed skin. These nutrients can reduce acne outbreaks. The peels act as natural exfoliants to remove toxins from pores. Bacterial infections that cause acne are also combated due to the antiseptic properties of banana peels.
Here are steps to clear up your acne and reveal smoother and more radiant skin:
1. Cut the banana peels into small pieces.
2. Use the inside of the banana peels to massage your skin for ten minutes.
3. Wait for half hour for the skin to absorb nutrients.
4. Repeat the procedure two to three times a day.
Banana peels can be a staple of your skincare routine and diet to achieve smoother skin, more energy, a stronger immune system and better all-around health.
 Abhay S and Dinnimath BM. (2015). Formulation and evaluation of new polyherbal toothpaste for oral care. https://ijournalhs.org/article.asp?issn=2349-5006;year=2015;volume=8;issue=1;spage=24;epage=27;aulast=Abhay
 Mohapatra D et. al. (2010). Banana and its by-product utilization: an overview. https://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/8581/1/JSIR%2069(5)%20323-329.pdf
 Kalemelawa F et al. (2012). An evaluation of aerobic and anaerobic composting of banana peels treated with different inoculums for soil nutrient replenishment. https://sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960852412006323
 Loesecke HV. (1929). Preparation of Banana Vinegar. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ie50230a022
 Krishna PR et. al. Banana peel as a substrate for amylase production using Aspergillus niger NCIM 616 and process optimization. https://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/14573/1/IJBT%2011(3)%20314-319.pdf
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
★ How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus:
★ 20 Natural Painkillers In Your Kitchen (Video):
2. Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
3. #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
4. 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
5. The TRUTH about bread (Will surprise you!)
6. [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a "Pancreas Jumpstart"
7. Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
8. The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
If you enjoyed this page: