Please follow us on Telegram to be sure to receive our latest posts!
Photo © strahktsksw – fotolia.com
Sugar is a sneaky substance that wreaks more havoc on our metabolism, energy, mood, and weight than we ever thought. Many people tend to think that sugar is found mostly in sweet foods such as candies, cupcakes, chocolates, and sodas. But this substance is now to be found everywhere including foods that may not even taste sweet such as bread, tomato sauces, and salad dressings. Even smoked salmon may contain added sugar these days! According to Brooke Alpert, co-author of “The Sugar Detox: Lose the Sugar, Lose the Weight — Look and Feel Great,” sugar keeps people overweight and is the leading cause of heart disease.  Excess sugar consumption is also associated with poor skin. 
Sugar is also addictive and this could manifest in different ways – from failing to cut down on eating carbs and going in the morning without a sugary coffee to “needing” a sweet treat to boost your energy in the afternoon.
So what is the secret to eliminating sugar from our diet? Sugar detox! By getting rid of the sweet stuff, you can quickly lose unwanted pounds, feel better, and have a more radiant appearance. For this article, we are citing a report by CNN nutritionist Lisa Drayer who shared Alpert’s experiences with patients who underwent a one-month sugar detox. 
• Moderation is not effective in sugar detox, so trying to wean yourself off sugar or limit your intake in moderation won’t work.
• Instructing a complete removal of sugar from the diet made Alpert the least favorite person of her clients, but the strategy recalibrated their palate. This method enabled her clients to taste once again the natural sugars in present fruits, vegetables, and dairy.
• Avoid added sugars, fruits, dairy, grains, alcohol, starchy vegetables for the first three days on a sugar detox. Eat only proteins, vegetables, and healthy fats while beverages only include water, unsweetened tea, and black coffee.
• Artificial sweeteners are a big NO because they are notorious for negative health effects.
• After the first three days of the detox, you can add one apple and one dairy food each day. Dairy should be full-fat and unsweetened.
• Your diet for the first week could also include higher-sugar vegetables such as carrots and snow peas, a daily serving of high-fiber crackers, and three glasses of red wine spread throughout the week.
• For week two, berries and an extra serving of dairy are okay as well as starch vegetables such as yams and winter squash.
• Week three is the livable stage. Foods such as barley, quinoa, and oatmeal can be added now. You can also try grapes, clementines, another glass of red wine, and an ounce of dark chocolate each day.
• Week four is the maintenance part of the detox plan. You can have bread and rice per day and high-fiber crackers. Now that your addictive behavior is gone, you can even enjoy an ice cream or a piece of cake.
Benefits Of Slashing Sugar From Your Diet
• Detoxing sugar is a quick way to lose weight. A study published in Obesity Reviews confirmed the positive effect of low-sugar consumption on weight maintenance. 
• Elimination of sugar from the diet could result in clearer skin. According to a study reported in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, sugar, white bread, and white rice increase glucose and insulin levels which augment the production of compounds in the body that play a role in the pathogenesis of acne. 
• Reduced mood swings are another positive effect of sugar detox. A study that first appeared in Health Psychology revealed the link between blood glucose fluctuations and mood changes in patients with diabetes. 
• Removal of sugar and other toxins may improve the health of the heart. In 2014, the journal JAMA Internal Medicine showed the relationship between increased sugar consumption and higher risk for cardiovascular mortality. 
• Wrinkled skin can be avoided by consuming less sugar or total avoidance of the substance at all. A 2010 study published in Clinical Dermatology highlighted the effect of sugars on aging skin. A process called glycation accelerates in all body tissues including vascular, renal, retinal, and cutaneous. 
 Julie Corliss. February 6, 2014. Harvard Health Publications. Harvard Medical School. Eating too much added sugar increases the risk of dying with heart disease. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/eating-too-much-added-sugar-increases-the-risk-of-dying-with-heart-disease-201402067021
 Danby FW. 2010. Clinics in Dermatology. Nutrition and aging skin: sugar and glycation. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20620757
 Lisa Drayer. June 9, 2017. One-month sugar detox: A nutritionist explains how and why. https://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/09/health/sugar-detox-food-drayer/index.html
 Vermunt SH et al. May 2003. Effects of sugar intake on body weight: a review. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12760444
 Smith RN et al. August 2007. The effect of a high-protein, low glycemic-load diet versus a conventional, high glycemic-load diet on biochemical parameters associated with acne vulgaris: a randomized, investigator-masked, controlled trial. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17448569/
 Gonder-Frederick LA et al. 1989. Mood changes associated with blood glucose fluctuations in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2707223
 Yang Q et al. April 2014. Added sugar intake and cardiovascular diseases mortality among US adults. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24493081
 Danby FW. July-August 2010. Nutrition and aging skin: sugar and glycation. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20620757
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
★ How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus:
★ 20 Natural Painkillers In Your Kitchen (Video):
2. Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
3. #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
4. 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
5. The TRUTH about bread (Will surprise you!)
6. [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a "Pancreas Jumpstart"
7. Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
8. The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
If you enjoyed this page: