Please follow us on Telegram to be sure to receive our latest posts!
Top 10 Amazing Health Benefits of Watermelon. Graphic © herbshealthhappiness.com. Photo – © Natika – fotolia.com (under license)
It’s common knowledge that a diet rich in fruit and vegetables will help to keep your immune system in good shape. Recent scientific studies and experience are revealing amazing nutritional properties of certain fruits – and with the right knowledge they can be used in the treatment and prevention of specific health problems. Watermelon not only tastes great, it’s full of health-giving nutrients, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants so we’re keen to share the following list of its benefits!
1. Highly alkalising – the pH balance of the body is regarded as crucial for good health, eating watermelon helps to counteract harmful acidity levels that are produced by many common foods in the western diet. 
2. Reduces high blood pressure – Several studies have found benefits from watermelon to the cardiovascular system. A 2012 study found that watermelon extract supplementation (6g per day for 6 weeks) reduced ankle blood pressure and carotid augmentation index in obese adults with prehypertension or hypertension.  A 2014 study found that watermelon may provide cardioprotection by reducing aortic blood pressure in obese adults with hypertension. 
3. Reduces heart disease – Recent research shows clear signs that watermelon can reduce arteriosclerosis in animals. As a rich source of citrulline, it makes sense that it may also reduce arterial plaque in humans. High levels of potassium also contribute to a healthy heart. Consumption of watermelon juice has been found to increase plasma concentrations of lycopene and beta-carotene and numerous scientific studies have already shown lycopene good for the cardiovascular health. 
4. Reduces blood sugar – Great news for diabetes sufferers! Watermelon is included in the list of plants and foods that can help to lower blood glucose levels, simulating the effect of insulin in the body. 
5. High water content – Fully ripe watermelons contain over 90% water, perfect to quench your thirst on a hot day! More than that, water-rich foods are regarded as being especially beneficial for overall health as dehydration causes adverse conditions in the body.
7. Strengthens bones – Lycopene is generally accepted as being beneficial for bone health so it makes a good remedy to help combat degenerative bone diseases such as osteoporosis. 
8. Produces energy – watermelon contains natural sugars and vitamin B to boost your energy levels without the unwanted effects of refined sugar or chemically enhanced energy drinks.
9. Cleans Kidneys – The high concentration of citrulline, which is converted by the body into arginine, has positive implications for urinary system health  and the high water content also assists here.
10. Anti Cancer – Studies have indicated that the antioxidant lycopene, which gives watermelons their characteristic red colour, may have supplementary benefits in the treatment and prevention of prostate and other cancers. Lycopene is noted for its ability to combat free radicals that trigger the onset and development of many chronic degenerative diseases like cancer. The seeds also contain triterpenes that can help to inhibit the growth of leukaemia cells. Interestingly, lycopene is also present in tomatoes and is thought to be one of the reasons for the overall healthfulness of the mediterranean diet. 
Note that it may be important to be somewhat moderate in the consumption of fruits due to their sugar content – watermelon has low sucrose levels but is quite high in fructose. Also for best results, only eat organic fruit and avoid pesticide toxicity.
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
★ How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus:
★ Does Your Salad Contain This Vegetable?
★ 20 Natural Painkillers In Your Kitchen (Video):
★ Men's Prostate Health:
2. Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
3. #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
4. 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
5. The TRUTH about bread (Will surprise you!)
6. [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a "Pancreas Jumpstart"
7. Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
8. The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
If you enjoyed this page: