Please follow us on Telegram to be sure to receive our latest posts!
Amazing Health Benefits Of Pineapple. Graphic © herbshealthhappiness.com. Pineapple photo © AdobeStock 12601832 (under license)
The pineapple is native to southern Brazil and Paraguay, the modern fruit having been developed by native people from an almost inedible wild species. The most significant nutritional elements of pineapple are high quantities of vitamin C, manganese and the enzyme bromelain. We’ve researched and collected a significant amount of information about pineapple health benefits and presented them on this page!
1. Anti-Inflammatory – Different parts of the plant have the above traditional uses for a variety of ailments and their effectiveness could be due to the enzyme bromelain, which is extracted from the plant stems (and also present in the juice in small amounts). It is sold as a digestive enzyme to break down proteins and is used medicinally for a diverse range of conditions from hay fever to burns. It’s primary property is anti-inflammatory. 
2. Arthritis Benefits – Bromelain from pineapple, when combined with trypsin and rutin could be helpful in reducing inflammation and knee pain for osteoarthritis sufferers, with possible effects on rheumatoid arthritis as well, although the evidence is scant for the latter. Note that while there is some bromelain in the fruit, it is much more abundant in the inedible stalk. However bromelain is available in supplement form. 
3. Bone Health – Manganese is one of the important elements needed for the growth and maintenance of healthy bones, helping to prevent loss of bone density and diseases such as osteoporosis that can lead to a higher risk of fractures.  100g of pineapple contains 44% of the RDA of manganese. 
4. Kidney Benefits – Pineapple is a safe fruit for people suffering from chronic kidney disease due to its low potassium content (180mg per cup of chopped fresh fruit). It can provide good nutrition for anyone with a chronic condition. 
5. Anti-Parasite Pineapple has been used since old times in the Philippines as a traditional medicine against parasitic diseases. 
6. Anti-Cancer – Foods containing bromelain have been linked to chemopreventive action, for example in correlation with colorectal cancer cells. Extract from the plant stems also shows antitumor activity. Vitamin C is also known to strengthen the body against developing cancer. 
The Wikipedia page for Bromelain  states regarding bromelain “No peer-reviewed research shows any efficacy against tumors”. This is to a certain extent misleading – as although the human research has not been done, there have been numerous scientific papers reporting on anti-cancer effects of bromelain in cell and animal studies: For example a 2012 study in the peer-reviewed Journal Of Medicinal Food “Bromelain-induced apoptosis in GI-101A breast cancer cells”,  and a 2013 study in the peer-reviewed Cancer Investigation “Anticancer property of bromelain with therapeutic potential in malignant peritoneal mesothelioma” 
7. Digestive Aid – Bromelain is an enzyme that has been used for centuries as a digestive aid owing to its ability to digest proteins. Some people do not make enough digestive enzymes naturally and benefit from enzyme supplementation.
8. Boosts Immune System – Pineapple is very high in vitamin C. Vitamin C is well known to stimulate the immune system, supporting anti-bacterial and anti-viral action – it can be found in a natural form in pineapple (58% of the recommended daily amount in a 100g serving!). 
9. Anti-Blood Clots – There is some evidence that bromelain may help keep platelets in the blood from sticking together, which in turn may help prevent blood clots. If this is the case, it may also promote bleeding in some people and hence might be avoided by people prone to prolonged bleeding.
10. Sinusitis Recovery – Some studies have indicated that bromelain from pineapple may help relieve the symptoms of sinusitis and speed recovery time.
11. Assists E. Coli And Bowel Diseases – Some animal studies have indicated that bromelain may help treat diarrhea related to E. coli infections and reduce inflammation in intestines of people with inflammatory bowel disease. 
12. Sore Throat & Infection Remedy – The plant has been used for many years in traditional remedies as a diuretic, to quicken labor, for sore throats, seasickness and venereal disease. Native people in Panama use the leaf juice as a purgative, emmenagogue (stimulates menstruation) and to treat intestinal worms.
13. Fluid Retention – The roots have been used to treat oedema / edema (fluid retention) in Africa and the rind extract for both fractures and hemorrhoids! Scientific research is limited so the evidence is mainly experiential for many of these indications – hopefully the research will begin to investigate more of these potential uses! 
Pineapple and the environment: Waste material from pineapple growing has traditional use as a fibre for string and textile making. New research shows that it could be used to produce cellulose nanocrystals, which have many possible applications in the production of a highly sustainable and renewable manufacturing material, potentially able to replace some fossil fuel derived plastics!  Unfortunately, it’s not all good news – some aspects of pineapple production are causing alarm, especially from the heavy use of chemical pesticides and herbicides. Organic pineapples are highly desirable but harder to find as the majority of the large-scale pineapple industry runs on industrialised monoculture. 
Safety Note – People with anaemia should limit their pineapple intake as manganese can inhibit iron absorption.
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
★ How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus:
★ Does Your Salad Contain This Vegetable?
★ 20 Natural Painkillers In Your Kitchen (Video):
★ Men's Prostate Health:
2. Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
3. #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
4. 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
5. The TRUTH about bread (Will surprise you!)
6. [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a "Pancreas Jumpstart"
7. Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
8. The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
If you enjoyed this page: